At Northern Adelaide Senior College, our English subjects provide students with the opportunity to read, analyse and discuss a variety of texts (prose, poetry, biographies, lyrics) and visual materials (web pages, posters, games, movies).
These subjects show students how to create, edit and improve their work, as well as write and speak in different styles for a number of purposes and audiences.
Two satisfactorily completed units of any English subject at Stage 1 or 2 will satisfy the compulsory SACE literacy component.
- Academy of Gaming, Film & Animation – Certificate II and Stage 1
- Academy of Graphic Design and Publishing – Stage 1
- Community Studies: Culture through Art (EAL focus)
- English – Stage 1
- English as an Additional Language – Stage 1
- English (ATSI) – Stage 2
- English Pathways – Stage 2
- English Communications – Stage 2
- English Literacy Studies – Stage 2
- English as a Second Language – Stage 2
- Essential English – Stage 1
- Essential English – Stage 2
- Essential English (ATSI) – Stage 1
- Essential English (Basic Literacy Skills) – Stage 1
- Essential English (English as an Additional Language) – Stage 1
- Essential English (Learning Support) – Stage 1
- Essential English (Pop Culture) – Stage 1
- Essential English (Workplace English) – Stage 1
- Essential English (Writing for Journalism – Stage 1
- Hip-Hop Culture – Foundation and Stage 1
Read more about each subject or fill in an enquiry form to speak with one of our enrolment counsellors.